UNLIMITED PRACTICE FOR SCALE STEP AND INTERVAL RECOGNITION!
- If you need immediate scale step recognition by ear, click here to download free Pitch ID for Windows.
- There is one sure way to accurate melodic dictation - immediate scale step recognition.
- Pitch ID develops your ear to recognize any scale step in the immediate key.
- Pitch ID generates unlimited questions in every major and minor key, 21 levels of graduated difficulty with instant feedback, immediate scoring, and self testing.
- Identify the note or interval by clicking the screen keyboard (or attached MIDI keyboard). The program notates the correct note and plays the next note.
- AutoAdvance advises when to add more scale steps. AutoModulate advises when to change scales.
If AutoAdvance is on, and you answer more than 40 tones with 90% or better accuracy (you can set AutoAdvance to other numbers), the program will suggest when to advance to questions with more scale steps or intervals. Begin each day's practice session at a lower level and review. The auto advance system will suggest when you are ready to advance to questions containing more scale steps.
- Begin with pitches or intervals selected from 'do' 'mi' 'sol', scale steps 1, 3, and 5 from the selected scale.
- Select keyboard or interval questions from menu. (New screen for interval responses. See below)
- Select any MIDI sound for the keyboard.
- Select keyboard note-names, letters or syllables, on or off.
- Select treble clef or octave down for practice.
- Repeat any question.
- Peek at any answer.
- Automatic scoring, based on number of correct clicks, can be reset at any time.
If AutoModulate is on, and you answer more than 40 tones with 90% or better accuracy (you can set AutoModulate to other numbers), the program will suggest when to change to a new key. If you click 'Yes', the program will randomly select a new major or minor key to practice at the same level of scale step or interval difficulty. Begin each day's practice session with an easier key and review. The auto modulate system will suggest when you are ready to change keys.
The extensive Help file provides suggestions about how to listen for scale-steps and intervals, how to practice, related music theory, and the notation of all scales.
Interval dictation in a tonal framework also prepares melodic dictation skills.
Contact Us |
Useful Links |
ESL 1000 Downloads